I love spring! No more boots, no more sweaters and as much as I love chili…no more chili for awhile! I am always inspired this time of year to make new salad creations. This Southwestern BBQ Ranch Salad is one of my favorites. The black beans and corn give it a great texture and the cilantro gives that burst of flavor that other boring salads lack. This is super easy and healthy!
- Half a head of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- One can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 C. frozen or fresh corn, cooked
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Small bunch of cilantro, chopped (approx. 1/4 C. or less)
- 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 C. fat free ranch dressing
- 1/4 C. BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is my favorite!)
Mix ranch dressing and BBQ sauce, set aside. Mix together all ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!
This salad is great with grilled chicken breast or shrimp. I grilled up my chicken with a rub of paprika, cumin, cracked black pepper and garlic salt. Add avocado to this salad for some extra flavor!