If you are looking for an easy treat to get crafty with this Christmas, try this simple white chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe and wrap it in Rudolph! I have a small obsession for Rudolph crafts and treats as seen in my posts of Christmas’ past: Rudolph the Reindeer Treat Bags and Reindeer Peanut Butter Cookies. This year, we were asked to bring something to a cookie exchange for a kid’s holiday party and I thought these would be the perfect addition. They take about ten minutes of prep and cooking, 2 hours of cooling and a little extra time for decorating (which can be done with or without a little one).
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
2 C sugar
1/2 2% milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C white chocolate chips
Line a 9 inch glass pie pan with non-stick foil or wax paper. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar and milk. Heat and whisk until dissolved. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture becomes thickened. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, spread mixture into pie pan. Sprinkle white chocolate chips generously over the top, patting down with the spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
When chilled, remove foil from pie pan and cut into triangles. One pie pan will make approximately 10-12 triangles, depending on the size.
To decorate, you will need:
Brown pipe cleaners
Self-stick google eyes
Red construction paper
Place triangle fudge into bags. Fit bag tightly over fudge and pull together at the top. Secure with pipe cleaner, twisting to create a seal (you could always place a small rubber band to secure the bag first if you’d like). Fashion pipe cleaners into antlers, bending to your liking. Cut small circle with construction paper. Glue at tip of bag. Stick eyes above. Repeat until complete.
You can also use your favorite brownie or blondie recipe with this wrapping to create the same effect.
Happy Holiday baking!
Give a gift that will be an instant conversation starter. The book The Art of Manliness tries to revive the lost art of manliness with equal parts solid and humorous advice. And if your daughter is anything like mine, she could spend the day twirling around in this adorable, tiered tutu. The best part? It strays from the traditional girly pink tutus that you normally see.
1. The Art of Manliness ($15) 2. Rewind candle ($25) 3. Turquoise statement necklace ($110) 4. Plush-a-saur ($24.95) 5. Girls Blended Tutu ($34)
My clothing picks on this one feel exactly like what my husband and I will be wearing as we go into 2014 – an easy-chic, work dress in a rich color for me to kick off all those business meetings and a stylish yet practical merino hoodie to accommodate his outdoor fanaticism.
1. Quantum Plus merino hoodie ($219.99) 2. Emerald studs ($38) 3. Silk cinema dress ($160) 4. Organic Green Tea ($14) & Infuser tumbler ($19.99) 5. Nail polish in Laughin’ to the Bank ($17)
My little man loves Pete the Cat and I have to say I do not blame him. I’m all about gifting books at Christmas time and you can’t go wrong with this one. If you are looking for something for a tech-saavy, stylish female, try the Taylor iPad Case from 1154 Lill Studio. You can purchase pre-made items or create your own in store or online.
1. Pete the Cat Saves Christmas ($13) 2. Broken-in Chino Urban Slim Fit ($75) 3. Taylor iPad Case – Pea Pods ($69) 4. Lincoln Logs Classic Edition ($28) 5. Hand Knit Boot Cuffs ($19)
My all time favorite candle from Anthropologie comes in the beautiful (and reusable!) jar this time of year. Pick this up for your hostess and grab one for yourself while you’re at it. If you have any new little ones that have joined your family this year, think about getting them this adorable owl hat. It is equal parts adorable and functional.
1. Capri Blue candle ($25) 2. Owl hat ($16.75) 3. Cable knit knee socks ($16.50) 4. Fleece bear robe ($23.97) 5. Bird cup & saucer ($13.96)
Who says you can’t wear white in winter? This chic, minimalist leather skirt from Topshop (via Nordstrom) feels like a fresh twist on a winter skirt and would elevate your look from work to cocktail hour in that I-didn’t-even-try kind of way.
1. Sequined table runner ($24.95), 2. Trimmed Mazurka gloves ($32), 3. Leather skirt ($180), 4. Mercury glass flask (from $26), 5. Ceramic sugar jar ($12.95), 6. Silk tie ($150)
It may be cold out, but the little ones can always warm our hearts. Consider giving the grandparent in your life the My Quotable Grandkid Journal. Here they can chronicle the darndest things their grandkids say. This is also available for parents. If you want to give a little extra to your whiskey-getter, try the sphere ice mold set. These slow melting molds won’t dilute your whiskey, plus they look like a snowball in a glass.
1. My Quotable Grandkid Journal ($13) 2. A Chilly Treat Sweater ($60) 3. Mini Boden ‘Cozy’ Teddy Bear Texture Gilet ($38) 4. Philosophy Giving Grace Fragrance Spray ($44) 5. Sphere Ice Mold Set ($12) 6. Vintage Stamped Serving Spoons ($28)
Consider giving a small clutch that can turn an outfit into something special. This pop-of-color clutch from the gap is on trend, practical and reasonably price. And for the kid in your life, give a shoe that makes an outfit! These neon baby vans are too adorable to pass up.
1. Let’s Do This pillow ($69) 2. Lippy Marker ($10) 3. Orange skinny belt ($49.50) 4. Pink leather clutch ($39.95) 5. Neon baby Vans ($30) 6. Knot & Bot tag set ($10)
Your favorite home cook needs an Emile Henry salt pig in their life. Ok, they probably don’t need it but it will certainly keep all that kosher salt contained (as opposed to spilling on the bottom of their spice cupboard like mine is) and make them feel like the culinarian they are as they grab liberal pinches and toss them into their favorite dish.
1. Summit fleece track jacket ($128), 2. Chevron fingerless gloves ($35), 3. Cable knit sweater ($59), 4. Salt pig ($29.95), 5. Embossed leather wallet ($120), 6. Herringbone throw ($74)
If you are looking for a fun gift that as Uncle Eddie says, “keeps on giving the whole year through” gift your man or woman with a Birchbox subscription. I receive one of these little kraft boxes every month and love testing out all the home and beauty products. A little pampering can go a long way! You can choose how many months you’d like to give, offering a good range of price points.
1. Minnetonka Leopard Kilty Moccasin ($40) 2. Baby 7 A.M. Enfant Duodoune ($90) 3. Flared Trench ($225) 4. Nike Free TR III ($100) 5. Birchbox Subscription ($10/month)
I love adding a few beautiful cookbooks to my collection around the holidays. This year I came across the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook and fell in love. The recipes are divine and the pictures are perfection. It is a wonderful cookbook to inspire creativity in the kitchen.
1. The Smitten Kitchen cookbook ($24) 2. iPhone case ($34.95) 3. Alphabet stacking ring ($30) 4. Metallic slouchy beanie ($34.50) 5. The Polar Express ($12) 6. Salt & pepper shakers ($19)
It’s terribly difficult for me to not select one of these sparkly options, but as someone who is always cold Under Armour’s Infrared tech hoodie is definitely on my list. UA’s says their infrared technology is designed to absorb and retain your own body heat to keep you warmer without extra bulk – double win. Thinking one of the guys on your list would be into this too? Don’t worry, there are plenty of men’s infrared options as well.
1. Twill gingham shirt ($34.96), 2. Starstruck cocktail ring ($59), 3. Coldgear Infrared EVO hoodie ($64.99), 4. Metal clutch ($68), 5. Catcher sparkle flat ($150), 6. Foil print pillow ($24.99)
For the man, or real woman, in your life, surprise them with a bottle of Great Lakes Distillery Kinnickinnic whiskey. Locally distilled right here in Milwaukee, this bottle will spice up your Christmas day. If you are looking for a splurge, I’m loving all oversized gold sports watches for women this year. You won’t disappoint if you adorn your favorite lady’s wrist with this Karl Lagerfeld piece.
1. Great Lakes Distillery Kinnickinnic Whiskey ($40) 2. Men’s Bridgeport Jacket ($100) 3. Karl Lagerfeld Karl 7 Gold Watch ($250) 4. Seamless Shimmer Hoodie ($89) 5. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette ($49)
This time of year, I long for all things warm and cozy and my picks tend to revolve around that theme. For the cook in your life, a dutch oven in a beautiful shade of red is a must have for slow cooked meals on a cold day. And I know that I cannot get through our Wisconsin winters without a new cozy scarf or beautiful throw, both perfect for anyone who can be hard to shop for. And don’t forget the little ones! The little girl in your life will love this adorable and whimsical doll from the land of nod.
1. Waffle stitch infinity scarf ($65) 2. Zoku slush and shake maker with book ($34.95) 3. Softest throw ($49) 4. Dutch oven ($99.95) 5. Polka dot potholders ($14) 6. Hello doll ($19.95)
I’m lusting over all of these items so the best I can do is narrow it down to two picks. Guys and gals alike will be pumped to open a pair of comfy, on trend New Balance Classics. This rich Men’s cranberry color is an undercover cool type shade but if you’re looking for something punchier there are plenty of those to choose from. If you’re looking for something a little more traditional, I’d go with this toasty, artisan buffalo plaid blanket from the nearly 150 year old Faribault Woolen Mill (which just happens to be next door to my home town!).
1. Bomber jacket ($69.90), 2. The Sriracha Cookbook ($16.99), 3. Palm Springs scarf in Red Ikat ($59), 4. New Balance Classics sneakers ($74.95), 5. La Creme lipstick in Stiletto ($21), 6. Buffalo plaid wool blanket ($100)
You can’t have Christmas without a little glitz. I’m a huge fan of all things Stella & Dot and love the Mae necklace layered with some of your other favorite jewels to spice up a little black dress or a simple tee. If you are looking for something for the rambunctious boy in your life, try a Hot Wheels Remote Control Camaro. For a great price, this little car will ensure excitement under the tree on Christmas morning.
New Clean Edge Wool Fedora ($50) Stella & Dot Mae Necklace ($49) Mack Cheers Tumblers ($45) Hot Wheels R/C Camaro ($20) Le Crueset 7 Piece Cherry Tool Set ($75)
We are busy stuffing our faces with turkey this week, but we promise great things for next week. It is everyone’s favorite time of year…Haute Holiday Gift Guides! We are switching it up color style this year for a unique look at our favorite picks for the holidays. We are ever so thankful for you – our loyal followers – and look forward to sharing another holiday season with you!