Welcome to HAP Wedding Month! With wedding season kicking into full gear, we’ve got tons of fun ideas, guest bloggers and real weddings lined up for you.
And since we’re inviting you to join us this month for a virtual wedding extravaganza, we’re starting things off with a round up of lovely stationary ideas. Invitations and accent pieces are a great way to set the stage for the tone and theme of your wedding.
At a minimum you should probably consider the following items:
Save The Date Card
Invitation & Envelope
Get a little fancier with these add-ons:
Return Address Stamp or Embosser (we like the ones from Paperwink)
Here are a few color schemes calling our name this year but many of these come in multiple colors.
Blues, clockwise from top: Minted, Crane, Gryphon, Minted
Lemon & Grey, clockwise from top:Elum, Smock Paper, Minted, FoglioPress
Ruby Red, clockwise from top: Minted, Wedding Paper Divas, Wiley Valentine
Chocolate, clockwise from top:Paper + Cup, e.m.papers, Night Owl Paper Goods,
Shine Invitations, Crane
Lime Green, clockwise from top: Two Trick Pony, Elum, Wedding Paper Divas, Elum
We could go on and on about stationary but the fact is, it gets pricey in a hurry. Here are some ideas to consider if you’re on a budget:
– Choose an invitation that allows you to put reception info on it so that you can skip the separate reception card.
– Skip the inner envelopes.
– Post one menu per table instead of one at each place setting.
– Choose flat printing over letterpress.
– Have a talented friend or family member? Ask them to design your invites or do your calligraphy as a wedding gift.