Mix things up with your New Year’s appetizers this year with an “interactive” crostini bar. My sister brought this fun appetizer over for Christmas and the DIY aspect of it made not just tasty but conversation piece as well.
Pre-slice the cheese and meats and dish out any spreads or toppings in a set of small bowls so that guests can create their own combinations. Thinly sliced baguettes and a variety of sturdy crackers make the best bases.
Some of my favorite combos are:
(clockwise from top left)
1. Warm Brie, Prosciutto & Arugula
2. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus & Green Onions
3. Stone Ground Mustard & Applewood Smoked Wisconsin Cheddar
4. Widmer’s Brick Cheese Spread & Prosciutto
5. Smoked Ham & Baby Swiss
6. Bruschetta with Shaved Parmesan
The nice part about the crostini bar is that it requires very little prep time since you can pick up most of the ingredients pre-made from the store. However, if you’re feeling adventurous and have extra time, you could make homemade bruschetta topping or hummus for even fresher flavors.
Happy New Year!