Rounding out the race this week is the Polish sausage, otherwise referred to as kielbasa. There is always your classic kielbasa and sauerkraut, but that seemed a bit too heavy and predictable on this warm July day. I decided to lighten it up a bit with a Summer Kielbasa Pasta.
- 1 C. macaroni or bow-tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 Polish kielbasa, sliced 1 inch diagonally
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, moving constantly. Add red pepper and leeks. Saute for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add kielbasa. Saute until heated through. Add zucchini, saute for 3-4 more minutes. Add the juice of one lemon, red pepper, salt and pepper, stir and dish it up. Throw an extra handful of Parmesan cheese to top it off and enjoy!
That finishes our race! Who is your favorite sausage?