Last weekend I went to LA to visit my good friend Catherine from The Life Styled just for a little getaway. We spent the weekend catching up over coffee and strolling in and out of eclectic boutiques and cafes.
The change in scenery provided me with tons of new inspiration, including ideas for this collection of sweet, LA-inspired gifts for Mother’s Day! Tell mom how much you love her with one of these personal treats to suit her style:
1. Perfect for the eco-minded mom on the go: I Am Not A Paper Cup Thermal To-Go Mug.
2. I stalked the web to find this adorable Godinger Beehive Honey Pot that we saw at rustic-chic Tavern cafe.
3. I picked up one of these fun personalized Paperwink Return Address Stamps at Urbanic in Venice. Mom will love it for all those birthday cards she’s always is so good about sending!
4. Give mom new inspiration with Shabby Chic Interiors by Rachel Ashwell.
5. Comfy Birks with an upgraded gladiator style keep mom looking haute: Birkenstock Birki-Flor Sparta Sandals
6. Nothing says LA like a chic beach tote. This Liberty of London for Target Tote keeps it affordable too.
7. A pretty new serving piece like this Fleur de Lys Teapot inspired by a visit to Pom Pom will be perfect for the Mom’s chats with the ladies.
8. My new obsession: Plump, exotic and low-maintenance succulents. Just right for a mom with a green thumb.
9. Pamper Mom with a luxe Kiehl’s Creme de la Corps Set.
10. Capture the effortless LA casual style with an open cardi like the JCrew Always Cardigan.
11. Mom can mix her own Pinkberry with a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (see recipe below!).
12. Help Mom relax with some heavenly Teavana Earl Grey Creme Tea. She deserves it!
After being initiated into the Pinkberry cult, I remembered seeing this fun copycat recipe in Food Network Magazine a few months ago. If Pinkberry hasn’t hit your streets yet, now you can make your own!
Almost-Famous Frozen Yogurt
from Food Network Magazine
2 C plain whole-milk yogurt
2 C plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 C sugar
3 Tbsp light corn syrup
Whisk together yogurts, sugar and corn syrup in a bowl until well combined. Pour into ice cream maker. Churn and freeze according to instructions. Serve immediately or freeze for up to 2 hours. Serve with assorted toppings like cheesecake chunks, fresh fruit, chocolate crispies, toasted almonds and honey!