The winner of the Organic, Shaken and Stirred Cocktail book, written by Paul Abercrombie, is HAP reader Deb! Read Deb’s comments on how she lives a green life:
i love that everyone is posting ways to be more green! very inspiring….
– last week we installed two rain barrels, and have them positioned at both the front and rear of our house to (hopefully) provide summer watering for all of our plants.
– i always use canvas bags when grocery shopping.
– have spent the good part of motherhood drilling into the kids’ heads the importance of turning off a light when leaving a room, as well as turning off the faucet when brushing their teeth.
– composting in the yard
– planting a veggie garden with the kids. not only do they help out, but they love eating their own grown stuff!
– walk with kids to school and other local businesses, and bike if they’re a bit farther away.
– reduce, reuse and recycle!!
Happy Earth Week everyone!